Sunday, April 10, 2016

OUAT 5x16: "Our Decay"

I apologize for the delay, but better late than never! Here's my review for last Sunday's Once Upon A Time episode.

DISCLAIMER: If you have not watched this episode and do not want it spoiled for you, then DO NOT READ ON.

A big part of this episode was the budding romance between Zelena and Hades. I'm not going to lie, I found it just a tad bit creepy at the beginning. However, I grew to find myself oddly intrigued by the chemistry the two of them share. I also found myself uncertain of Hades' intentions. Does he really have feelings for Zelena or is it all part of a grand scheme to escape the Underworld? I'm very proud of Zelena for not immediately trusting him when they reunited in the Underworld because, as we've seen, he's got many tricks up his sleeve.

Once again, Belle really annoyed me in this episode. I understand that Zelena is not the most trustworthy witch in the world, but she has the right to have her baby. However, I am surprised that Belle didn't immediately forgive Rumple for being the Dark One again (I'll get back to that later).

Speaking of Zelena and her baby, I was also a little bit disappointed in Robin. Yes, I know, the baby is Robin's kid too, but he was being incredibly rude to Zelena. Granted, I can see where this stems from as Zelena engaged Robin in rape by deception (this is an actual thing and I realize it may be mature but that's what happened). But as we've witnessed, while Zelena is ruthless towards others, she really just cares about her child, and it's not right for Robin to keep the baby from her. When Zelena realized she couldn't keep the baby safe and gave her up, I was so touched. That is real character development.

Now back to Rumple. I really want to use some choice words to describe him, but I know it would be inappropriate, so I'll stop myself. However, Rumple was incredibly rude to Belle without even realizing it. He told her that he loves the dagger and he can't love her without being able to love it too. Is that materialistic or what? I swear to all that is holy, if Belle ends up running back to that no-good trash of a man, I'm going to be furious with Adam and Eddy.

My next post is going to be about tonight's episode of OUAT, so stay tuned. Also, please watch the show live as shows that don't get high enough live views get cancelled.

May you find peace in your fandoms.

--@onceuponatimeinhogwarts

No comments:

Post a Comment