Friday, February 26, 2016

Everything Wrong with the HP Movies Part 3

Hello! It's been a while since I made a blog post about this subject, but I figured, what's the harm in doing another?

DISCLAIMER: I actually love the Harry Potter movies and have seen them at least a couple dozen times, but there's just so many things the movies got wrong!

Part 3: Voldemort's Death

  • In the movies, when Harry defeated Voldemort, the villain in question started to turn into an explosion of butterflies or something, which is just a tiny bit off.
  • In the seventh book, Voldemort died as Tom Riddle, meaning he died as a HUMAN. 
  • This aspect of the story is quite symbolic because it represents that even the greatest of villains are still people, and they still die a human death. This shows that, at the core, Voldemort was still just an evil man with terrible intentions.
I know this was a short list, but I had to make sure I talked about it eventually because this aspect of the book-to-movie transition really bothered me. However, be warned! Once Upon a Time starts back up next Sunday so I won't really be talking about any other fandom than that unless I deem it necessary. Although, I do hope you can agree with my views of the slight misinterpretations found in the Harry Potter movies!

May you find peace in your fandoms.

--@onceuponatimeinhogwarts

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Voldemort died as Tom Riddle? The more ya know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last bullet is so deep, can you sew it on a pillow for me XD

    ReplyDelete